#1 20-01-2018 08:25:34

avicitiffany
Membre

How hard is Evil?

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some other online sources that have sudoku that are about as hard as the Very Hard puzzles here, or maybe even a bit harder. It’s difficult to compare from site to site when different sites have not only different skill levels but different names for their skill levels. I mean, how hard is Evil, and is that more or less easy than Fiendish? Finding stuff at just the right difficulty level is proving to be, well, difficult.

Don't get me wrong, I love this site - it's a superb resource and there’s some great stuff in the archives, which I’ve been working through - it's just that from browsing this forum I gather that the dailysudoku.com puzzles labeled Very Hard have only recently been upgraded to the kind of high difficulty level I now find I like best (i.e. requiring x-wing and similar advanced techniques). Basically I'm asking for recommendations, either of particular very hard sudoku puzzles you think I might enjoy, or of other places where I might find such puzzles. My favorites so far from this site have been the May 29 and July 8 puzzles. June 27 was also really good.

I’m completely self-taught at this. I learned sudoku from the puzzles in the local newspaper, using just pencil and eraser. It’s been a real eye-opener discovering that all the techniques I painstakingly worked out for myself have in fact all long since been cataloged, thoroughly documented, and given fancy names - although I suppose I should have expected that, given the puzzle’s popularity. Anyway I really like this site, the detailed explanations given in some of the forum posts are absolute models of clarity for this type of thing, better and more comprehensive even than a recent Scientific American article I read on the subject. It’s just that I find myself still, well, craving more... You understand that, don’t you?

please help

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

http://www.dailysudoku.com/sudoku/forum … php?t=1202

Explainer Animations

Pied de page des forums